1. Owners entering horses/ponies in any
EVNPA event do so entirely at their own risk and it is a condition of entry
that no liability of any kind attaches itself to the EVNPA, its committee,
stewards, officials or landowners in any respect whatsoever.
2. The organisers of this event have taken all responsible precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all responsible precautions to avoid accidents occurring and must obey instructions given by the organiser, all officials and stewards.
3. Should you or your horse fall in any event you must leave the ring on foot. If you choose to take part in further classes that day you do so at your own risk and you (or parent/guardian) take full responsibility for any injury that may have arisen from the fall.
4. Correctly secured Skull Caps/Riding Hats that meet one of the following current Safety Standards/specifications MUST be worn by all Riders of all ages. All PAS 015; VG1; (BS)EN1384 2017; ASTM F1163 04a onwards; SNELL E2001; SNELL E2016; AS/NZS 3838 2003 onwards. The most recent updates to the list are the addition of SNELL E2016 and EN1384 (2017); the newest version of the SNELL Standard could have begun to appear in 2017 and is accepted to the list; the newest version of the EN1384 Standard will begin to appear during 2018 and is also accepted to the list.
4a. Handlers of ponies in In Hand classes aged 14 years and under must wear a correctly secured skull caps/riding hat that meets one of the above standards.
4b. Correctly secured Skull Caps/Riding Hats MUST be worn by riders at all times when mounted.
5. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times whilst on the show field. Dog owners MUST clean up after their dog.
6. All competitors and anyone riding on the show field must be fully paid up members of the EVNPA and must have Third Party insurance.
7. Horses and ponies which may kick must have a red ribbon affixed to their tail.
8. Novice classes – pony in first year of ridden competition.
9. Body protectors are permitted in all classes; they must be worn over your jacket.
10. In all Leading Rein Classes the rein MUST go directly from the bit to the rider’s hand, with no extra aid or attachment to or on the saddle. The reins must be a normal length and not stitched together at a shorter length. Handles on saddles are permitted but the reins MUST NOT be attached to the handle or to the saddle.
10a. The leader MUST affix the lead rein to the NOSEBAND ON WHICH IT MUST REMAIN WHILE THE PONY IS IN THE RING. Whilst in the ring ponies must be led at all times by the leader.
10b. In Lead Rein classes the leader must be 16 years old or over. No child under the age of 3 years may complete.
11. Handlers of stallions or colts must be 14 years old or over. Stallions are not permitted in Lead Rein and First Ridden classes. Stallions MUST display a stallion bridle marker.
12. Any person objecting to a prize being awarded or any other complaint should make his/her protest to the show secretary before the end of the show accompanied by a £25 deposit. Should the complaint be upheld the deposit will be returned, otherwise forfeited.
13. Do not drop litter or empty boxes/trailers onto the show field.
14. All ridden horses on the show ground must be over 4yrs. The age of the horse/pony is calculated from January 1st in the year of its birth.
15. All horses and ponies must be shown in correct tack. Field head collars are not to be used in the ring.
16. Ponies competing in the registered Mountain and Moorland classes must be registered in the main body of their respective Breed Society Stud Books to complete in these classes.
17. Please respect the committee members who give up their spare time to run this club. Acts of any aggressive behaviour towards committee members will not be tolerated. Please conduct yourself in a polite manner relating to language and temper. We all know showing is a long day, we have no control over just how long a class will take. Keep an eye on how the rings are running and if you need to leave then by all means do so.
If unsure of showing rules, as it can be so confusing, have a little look at these society rules to get an idea.
Use Paypal above for payment of entries - £5.00 per class!.
Please select 'friends and family' option on payment.
Make sure a clear reference is used for each payment and an entry form must be completed for any entry to be accepted.